Friday, January 15, 2016

National Hat Day

Today is National Hat Day. My husband, youngest son, and even my daughter-in-law are rarely spotted without a hat. My daughter is frequently sporting something cute or jaunty on her head. I rarely wear them, myself, but I'm entertaining the idea.

In case you didn't know, millinery is the designing and manufacture of hats. The term “milliner” derived from the city of Milan, Italy.  The best quality hats were made in Milan in the 18th century.
Millinery began as traditionally a woman’s occupation, as the milliner not only created hats and bonnets but also chose lace, trim and accessories to complete an outfit.

There are so many types of hats to choose from.


These, though, tend to be more the type I would most likely wear.


However, this is the one I actually own. And wear.

But, for today, I think I will try out something new and different. Why don't you, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...