Thursday, February 14, 2013

An Entire Room Devoted to Valentines!

A lot of people complain about the commercial and corporate interests of Valentine's Day. Others promote Single Awareness Day or SAD. Not me.

I adore Valentine's Day, mostly because of all of the pinks and reds and hearts. Granted, I do have a husband who buys me things, so I can't lie - that is definitely appealing. But it is not why I love the day. I truly do love it like I said, for the colors and hearts.

So much, in fact, I dedicated a room to it. There is a little room between the master bedroom and the master bath that accesses our closets. It has a little built in vanity, and I realized I spend more time in there than my husband does. He gets in his closet or walks through to get to the bathroom. Since I had an abundance of heart themed treasures, I had an idea.

And my Valentine room was born.

It started with a collection of heart candy boxes.


And continued from there. I picked out a shade of pink that I liked; not too pink but not too pale. I stripped off the wallpaper that had been there since we moved in and repaired the walls before priming. Two coats later and I was in love!


I couldn't wait to start hanging up all the heart themed shelves!


I took some shelves that had been intended for over the commode but never worked well, had my dad cut it in half and attach them side by side and painted it a dark rose color.


I bought some pink and rose colored stones to trim it with, but haven't gotten to that point yet. I can finally display my sweet cherub boxes again!


My collection of heart baskets were all spray painted either pale or darker pink and hung over the doorways.


The little vanity is back in action and distinctly girlified!



I found a home for the adorable hat box I bought.


And most importantly, my collection of Valentine themed stuffed animals have a place to reside.


I even have a heart trash can!


Did I mention the trash can liners are rose scented?

I can't walk into or through the room without grinning. I bought rose candles to scent the room. I'm planning small heart cross stitched pieces for the picture frames that I don't fill with pictures of family.

I haven't painted the trim yet. I want to find a pearly sparkly color, and haven't had much chance to look yet.


Now to find something to do with these heart ornaments!















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...